FAST TRACK TO INFRASTRUCTURE CONSTRUCTION (F2IC)
Cohorts: May 17th
Become a future builder as an Infrastructure Construction Craft Worker. Gain skills to work on large scale city infrastructure projects like provincial bridges and highways, city subways and more! Our program can help you gain the skills, knowledge, and experience you need to work in a variety of industrial settings such as pipelines, utilities, shipyards, and mining.
• 3 weeks of employability skills training
• 4 weeks of occupational skills training (provided by Kwantlen Polytechnic University)
• 4 weeks of work experience with local employers
• Job search and follow-up support
• Earn your ITA approved Construction Craft Worker (Labourer) Level 1 certification
• Cost of training, including use of building supplies, fully funded by the program
• Connections to hundreds of Infrastructure Construction industry employers through partnership with BC Infrastructure Benefits (BCIB)
• Must be unemployed or previously employed AND one of the following:
–Receiving EI or have had a claim in the last 5 years
–Have earned more than $2,000 in insurable earnings and paid employee EI premiums on those
earnings in at least 5 of the last 10 years
–Be a BCEA client
• Must become case managed at a WorkBC Centre
• Must be interested in construction trades, and have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
*Note: Priority is given to Youth, Immigrants, Women, and workers laid off due to the pandemic.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!